|Helping Lawyers Master Technology|
The following terms are common to all engagements and non-negotiable:
1. Craig D. Ball, P.C. does not accept engagements in support of the defense in criminal prosecutions.
2. You may not identify or designate Craig Ball or Craig D. Ball, P.C. as an expert or consultant in your case until and unless Craig D. Ball, P.C. has agreed in writing to serve in that capacity and received the required engagement fee.
3. Craig D. Ball, P.C. works exclusively for attorneys, law firms and courts and is engaged by the attorney, firm or court, not by the attorney's or firm's client. The attorney or firm engaging Craig D. Ball, P.C. is primarily responsible for charges for services rendered and expenses, and such charges are not contingent upon the outcome of the case or examination, nor upon the actions of your client.
4. The standard hourly rate is $500.00, half time for travel, plus expenses. Craig D. Ball, P.C. require a minimum $5,000.00 non-refundable engagement fee, which is credited to billings for time and expenses.
5. You warrant that any media tendered to Craig D. Ball, P.C. for examination or duplication and any access granted to any system or network has been lawfully obtained, in full compliance with all applicable orders or policies of any court or agency of competent jurisdiction.
6. It is your responsibility to furnish the names and capacities of all parties or potential parties and counsel before engagement so that Craig D. Ball, P.C. can determine if potential conflicts of interest exist in consulting with you.
7. If Craig D. Ball, P.C. is not formally retained in a timely manner, neither Craig Ball nor Craig D. Ball, P.C. are limited in the ability to accept, and you may not challenge, acceptance of work in any matter, including for your opponent or any party who may be adverse to your client's interests, even if you have shared confidential information with Craig Ball or Craig D. Ball, P.C.relating to such client or matter. Accordingly, you should not share confidential information until Craig D. Ball, P.C. is formally engaged.